Worship & Watercolor original, first beginner class. Beginner level and beyond.
This exercise is designed to use the creativity that God gave you to help you meditate on His word. I hope you are able to enjoy peace as you rest in these moments. Try not to think about perfection here, overthinking how to paint and doing it just right. Everyone’s pieces will look different, and they’ll all be beautiful. First, we’ll paint as we recall a few scripture verses and passages. After we’re finished with all the scriptures and painting (since we’re using watercolors, the paint will dry relatively quickly), we’ll grab our markers and go in and add some short phrases, words and journaling. This is personal and between you and the Lord. Let it be an act of worship as you rest in Him.
This class is for any level of experience!
Here is the supply list that you will need in order to participate in this class. Please have everything ready to go when we start!
- Watercolor paints (assorted colors of your choice).
- Watercolor brush (various sizes are great: at least 1 medium/larger sized brush and 1 small sized brush would be ideal).
- Watercolor paper (regular printer paper will not work as the water will soak through). I would suggest at least 6in by 9in.
- Fine tip marker or your favorite lettering pen/marker to use for the writing portion.
- .pdf file provided for you (sent to your email). Please print this and have it with you.
- Highlighter (optional)
How to join:
After purchasing the tickets here, your .pdf file will be sent to your email. Then, go to Facebook and search BCB Worship & Watercolor group #2. Please request to join and I'll verify your info and accept the request.
We will do a 1 hour live session on Saturday, April 17th (the time is TBD). I will leave the video up for 1 week, so if you are not able to meet with us "live", you can watch later on and still participate! I'll also share some tips and the class will be open for discussion/comments. Can't wait to meet with you all!
I pray this will be a relaxing experience for you, and that you'll apply what you've learned in your own time with the Lord as you move forward!